Spam Filter

ana6ioz

May 16, 2019
Hello. Excuse me for my English, I use a translator. I have a small question. I installed the spam filter function for outgoing mail and I faced the problem of sending emails with files in zip format with hidden documents with a password, as below:
Spam detection results: 3

ClamAVHeuristics 3 ClamAV heuristic test: Encrypted.7Zip (clamav)

Moreover, if I set a password without hiding documents in the archive, then the letters are sent.

The second problem I encountered was trying to find a user who was prevented from being sent by the spam filter and received a low rating. Is there a given list where you can edit the rating of users? At the same time, not a single world spam list contains my domain.

I will be very grateful to you for your help. If it is necessary to send any more information, I will definitely send it.

Spam detection results: 3

AWL -2.938 Adjusted score from AWL reputation of From: address

BAYES_00 -1.9 Bayes spam probability is 0 to 1%

DKIM_INVALID 0.1 DKIM or DK signature exists, but is not valid

DKIM_SIGNED 0.1 Message has a DKIM or DK signature, not necessarily valid

HELO_NO_DOMAIN 1.431 Relay reports its domain incorrectly

HTML_MESSAGE 0.001 HTML included in message

MIXED_ES 2.399 Too many es are not es

RCVD_IN_PBL 3.335 Received via a relay in Spamhaus PBL

RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL 0.001 SORBS: sent directly from dynamic IP address

RDNS_NONE 0.793 Delivered to internal network by a host with no rDNS

SHORT_HELO_AND_INLINE_IMAGE 0.1 Short HELO string, with inline image

URIBL_BLOCKED 0.001 ADMINISTRATOR NOTICE: The query to URIBL was blocked. See http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DnsBlocklists#dnsbl-block for more information.

ClamAVHeuristics 3 ClamAV heuristic test: Encrypted.7Zip (clamav)
This is controlled by 2 Settings:
GUI->Configuration->Virus Detector->'Block encrypted archives and documents' (this decides if ClamAV triggers the Heuristic warning)
GUI->Configuration->Spam Detector->Options->Heuristic Score (this decides how many points are awarded to an encrypted Document)

The second problem I encountered was trying to find a user who was prevented from being sent by the spam filter and received a low rating. Is there a given list where you can edit the rating of users? At the same time, not a single world spam list contains my domain.
Not sure what you mean here - Mails are scanned by SpamAssassin and SpamAssassin does not rate mails differently based on the sender - provide the spamheader or the log for the mail - then it's possible to see why the user got blocked
Alternatively you can try to put the user's email in the whitelist Who object - then their mail should get sent out (but might be tagged as spam by the receiving server)

URIBL_BLOCKED
Seems your DNS Server is over quota with uribl.com - check our getting started page in the wiki and consider setting up a dedicated DNS-Server on your PMG: https://pmg.proxmox.com/wiki/index.php/Getting_started_with_Proxmox_Mail_Gateway

I hope this helps!

Reactions: ana6ioz

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!