[SOLVED] IGPU N100 Tranconding with Proxmox 8 & Jellyfin LXC ¿how to do it?

mortisdj

Sep 20, 2023
Hi, I am trying to have hardware transconding with an Asrock N100M with the Intel N100 processor and the integrated graphics with the Intel UHD Graphics 24 EUs IGPU (Alder Lake) and there is no way to achieve it, with Plex, there has been luck, but I would like use Jellyfin because it is free to use.

I installed Jellyfin with the following command:

bash -c "$(wget -qLO - https://github.com/tteck/Proxmox/raw/main/ct/jellyfin.sh)"

And when checking the status of the OpenCL runtime it gives me the following error:

photo_2023-09-20_20-36-15.jpg

Has anyone tried it? Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Solved by installing lxc in debian instead of ubuntu and giving permissions to the group in the container conf with the following line...

lxc.hook.pre-start: sh -c "chown 0:106 /dev/dri/renderD128"

Hi mortisdj,

I have the ASRock N100DC - very similar. Having problems getting the igpu to work. deployed jellyfin from the same LXC script, followed your suggestion to use debian, and the use the pre-start line as well.

any tips and gotchas you can see from these screenshots of my config?

thanks.

1699101407456.png
1699101228734.png
1699101369499.png

Reactions: Terminal31
worked it out, needed to run privileged and

apt-get install -y intel-media-va-driver-non-free
apt-get install -y vainfo intel-gpu-tools
apt install -y intel-opencl-icd

sudo usermod -aG video jellyfin
sudo usermod -aG input jellyfin
sudo usermod -aG render jellyfin
sudo systemctl restart jellyfin

worked it out, needed to run privileged and

apt-get install -y intel-media-va-driver-non-free
apt-get install -y vainfo intel-gpu-tools
apt install -y intel-opencl-icd

sudo usermod -aG video jellyfin
sudo usermod -aG input jellyfin
sudo usermod -aG render jellyfin
sudo systemctl restart jellyfin
Did you have to install the Intel drivers at the host level (e.g. on Proxmox itself), or inside the guest LXC?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!