* SOLVED HDD passthrough shows ON VM, but not IN VM

Smash_Override

Feb 13, 2023
MB: asrock x399 fatality
Processor: AMD Ryzen 2990wx
Processor Cooler: Noctua tower cooler
RAM: 64 GB DDR4 3200
Proxmox VE 8.1.4

First, thank you for everyone in this community helping all of us newbs.

Problem:
4x HDDs were passed through to a VM and show on the VM in proxmox, but not showing up in windows server 2022 (the actual VM).

What had happened was:
I deleted my WinServ22 VM that had all four HDDs passed through and was working. I built a new VM (WinServ22) with the same VM ID as the last, passed the disks through to it again like last time, they show up under the VM hardware tab, but not in Windows VM. The four drives were previously pooled together as one large array managed by the VM and has all my media on it that I would prefer to keep if able. Why are they not showing up in Windows? Is this a Windows problem or something I forgot to do in Proxmox?

Attachments

• qm config 101.png
    qm config 101.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 5
  • VM 101 Hardware.png
    VM 101 Hardware.png
    83 KB · Views: 5
  • WinServ22 Disks not showing.png
    WinServ22 Disks not showing.png
    69.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Solved

Problem was in the VM. I needed to update the device drivers in Windows Server 2022 using the virto driver drivers.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!