Snapshots and Backup - NFS

oculos

Jun 12, 2024
Hi,

I am just starting to use Proxmox. I read the documentation, but some things are still a bit unclear to me:

I have configured a backup job and configured it to keep the last two backups.

My storage is lvm, and my destination is a NAS server (TrueNAS) mounted with NFS.

Will the backups in this situation be incremental, or a whole new copy is backed up?

Is it possible to have incremental backup with this configuration? I could have formatted that particular storage as ZFS, but I have low memory on that mparticular node, so I didn't want to use ZFS there.

Unfortunately incremental Backups are only possible with Proxmox Backup Server as described here: introduction pbs
But I think it' should be possible to install pbs on top of true nas

Last edited:
Yes, running a PBS VM with local block storage is working. Some years ago when, I was using that, you had to install PBS on top of a Debian VM because the PBS ISO installer wasn't working on TrueNAS Core.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!