Snapshot and delete after some time

arky_

Sep 25, 2020
I want to update a certain element of my virtual reality, but I am concerned whether the update will be successful. That's why I want to take a snapshot in case something goes wrong so I can come back then.
My question, can I safely remove such a snapshot later without fear of losing any data?
And my second question is whether I can delete earlier (a few days or months ago) snapshots in different virtual machines?

Hi,
yes, you can safely remove snapshots. That doesn't affect current state of the VM or other snapshots. If you are worried about data loss, always keep a restore-tested backup ready.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!