SMBIOS Settings (type1)

bearhntr

Sep 9, 2022
Atlanta, GA USA
I am fairly new to PROXMOX (from ESXi) - and was going through the various settings and saw the SMBIOS Settings (type1) area and it appears to all be {blank}.

Is there a way to 'pull' this information from the HOST and populate it here? I see the UUID was created on its own, as I have created 3 VMs and all have a different number there. I would like to know what I can put in the empty boxes. Is there a guide someplace? or a way to see what these are "at the HOST" level?

1666788889997.png

you can show the host values with a tool such as dmidecode, e.g.:
Code:
dmidecode --type 1
Why do you want to set those values ?
normally it is not necessary to put anything there so inserting the values from the host does not often make sense.

Reactions: bearhntr
you can show the host values with a tool such as dmidecode, e.g.:
Code:
dmidecode --type 1
Why do you want to set those values ?
normally it is not necessary to put anything there so inserting the values from the host does not often make sense.
I have a couple of Windows OSes which are OEM and will activate automatically when they read specific SMBIOS information. I wanted to give them a try by pulling the SMBIOS info off of my DELL Laptop (one of the machines) and see if the Windows 10 will auto-activate. I know it is most likely using SLIC info to do that, it is more of a test. :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!