Single Server Proxmox Internet settings

pkthakur91

Aug 22, 2024
Hi,

I have a single Server Dell PowerEdge R730 on which I had setup Proxmox.
Now the installation is done I am getting the login prompt.
But to take the graphical access I need to setup a desktop Environment ( Please let me know if any other option)

Now the issue Is I am not able to connect to the internet.
Attached ip a output below
Any Suggestions !

Let me know if any other information is required.

Last edited:
Hi,

But to take the graphical access I need to setup a desktop Environment ( Please let me know if any other option)
you can access the web interface simply via another PC, see Accessing the Management Interface Post-Installation in our admin guide.

Now the issue Is I am not able to connect to the internet.
Attached ip a output below
Well, what have you tried? What services did you try to access? What errors did you get? Did you do some usual troubleshooting?
It seems you have an IPv6-only connection, do you have the same setup everywhere else? Etc.

@
Hi,

you can access the web interface simply via another PC, see Accessing the Management Interface Post-Installation in our admin guide.

Well, what have you tried? What services did you try to access? What errors did you get? Did you do some usual troubleshooting?
It seems you have an IPv6-only connection, do you have the same setup everywhere else? Etc.

Actually I want to setup on a single server only.

I didnt do any troubleshooting or configuration changes. Tried to restart the services (network/NetworkManager/systemd-resolved) but these services are not found on the server.

One more thing I would like to add.
I am just connecting my Internet LAN cable to the Server. Not done any other configuration like bridge configuration or anything else.

The IP 192.168.100.2 is the default one, too.
Is 192.168.100.x really your network?

Had eno1 a cable plugged in at installation?

Reactions: Kingneutron
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Developer_Workstations_with_Proxmox_VE_and_X11

Did you follow a guide or any kind of HOWTO / documentation when you did the proxmox install? It should pull a DHCP address and then use that for a static IP after reboot, unless you told it different.

You may have to configure DNS postinstall, do you not have a phone / tablet / laptop that can access the web GUI?

Last edited:
The IP 192.168.100.2 is the default one, too.
Is 192.168.100.x really your network?

Had eno1 a cable plugged in at installation?

IP is coming automatically I have not assigned any IP. this is the default one only.

NO- the cable was not plugged in at installation.

Reactions: Kingneutron
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Developer_Workstations_with_Proxmox_VE_and_X11

Did you follow a guide or any kind of HOWTO / documentation when you did the proxmox install? It should pull a DHCP address and then use that for a static IP after reboot, unless you told it different.

You may have to configure DNS postinstall, do you not have a phone / tablet / laptop that can access the web GUI?

I have another Laptop.
But I am trying to setup on single server so that I don't have to depend on another machine.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!