[SOLVED] Should I put DKIM key in both mail server and pmg ?

bougatoyta

Jun 8, 2021
Hi,

A bit of a stupid question but should I put the dkim key both in mail server and PMG server ?

I'm using zimbra as a mail server and I can create a DKIM directly in zimbra,

I was thinking to create the new DKIM key in zimbra and put this key in PMG but I'm afraid that might cause trouble if PMG try to sign outbound mail that is already signed.

Any thought on this matter ?

Regards

Only sign the mail in one place. Ideally you would do that on the last server before it leaves your network. Especially if you could have some outgoing rules in the future that change the email, e.g. adding something to the subject. Any changes like that would invalidate the DKIM signature that is already present.

Only sign the mail in one place. Ideally you would do that on the last server before it leaves your network. Especially if you could have some outgoing rules in the future that change the email, e.g. adding something to the subject. Any changes like that would invalidate the DKIM signature that is already present.
Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I just create the DKIM key on PMG and when I do "view DNS records" the records seems very long see :

mailsecure-dkim._domainkey IN TXT ( "v=DKIM1; h=sha256; k=rsa; "
"p=MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" ) ; ----- DKIM key mailsecure-dkim

And it is in 2 parts, should i just concatenate both part like this ? :

mailsecure-dkim._domainkey IN TXT ( "v=DKIM1; h=sha256; k=rsa; "p=MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" ) ; ----- DKIM key mailsecure-dkim

Regards

EDIT : Once correctly concatenate the record work perfectly

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!