shared address for sysadmin on cluster

RobFantini

Famous Member
May 24, 2012
Boston,Mass
Hello,
In Proxmox-ve 1.9 we used heartbeat to set a primary sysadmin i/p address on one pve host.

That address would be used to determine if certain services like mon* should be run .

In Proxmox 2+ heartbeat can not be installed as it conflicts with other cluster software.

My question - could someone suggest something else beside heartbeat which could activate an i/p address to just one node of a pve cluster?

* https://mon.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page :
"mon" is a tool for monitoring the availability of services, and sending alerts on prescribed events. Services are defined as anything tested by a "monitor" program, which can be something as simple as pinging a system, or as complex as analyzing the results of an application-level transaction. Alerts are actions such as sending emails, making submissions to ticketing systems, or triggering resource fail-over in a high-availability cluster.

Mon is very easy to set up and configure . It lets us know if an i/p device or server is off line, and when it is back up. afaik cli only which is good.

Yes, I use this on my clusters, works great.
I also make sure that all the nodes have the same SSL cert so I do not get cert warnings from my browser if the IP moves to another node.

Just be sure to follow the directions on how to properly edit the cluster.conf file such as increasing the config_version.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!