Share a gpu with host and vm's

todarivah

Sep 7, 2024
Hi,

I want to share a gpu with multiple vm's. However, I also want to be able to use the host monitor so I thought I would share a portion of the gpu with the host and the rest to the vm's.

Is that doable ?

Thanks.

I want to share a gpu with multiple vm's. However, I also want to be able to use the host monitor so I thought I would share a portion of the gpu with the host and the rest to the vm's.
Research Intel mediated GPU passthrough (but it does not support output to a physical display). Or maybe NVidia vGPU is what you are looking for.Or maybe VirGL (vendor neutral)? Lots of threads on the forum about the different technologies for this.

Last edited:
Oh well... Hyper-V does that natively, I thought I would be able to do that with Proxmox as well.

I guess I will stick with Hyper-V for now.

Thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!