Setting up dual boot Windows and Debian with another node as well

Stihy

Aug 8, 2024
Long story short. I have tried to use Proxmox on Windows via VM, to find replacement for VMWare, and it works as a concept.
Learned a lot, but also found some issues. So for home lab I wanted to sparate stuff.
I have my main "gaming" PC and I would separate Win and Debuan on different SSD's and use booting from specific SSD to have fully isolated systems.
That would be my permanent space to tryout new stuff.
Once I am happy with endresult ide is to move Proxmox VM or Container to much smaller, low power PC ( 4 cores, 8GB, 1TB ssd) that works 24h.
Does this sound like to complicated.
Part of setting up dual boot is no problem for me. Question is this VM and Container migration from one node (dev) to another (prd) is possible.
Network is 1GB, small low Power PC has daily backup to QNAP at 3am.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!