[SOLVED] Segmentation fault during installation

monkinek

Mar 31, 2023
Hello,
I've tried to install proxymox on my desktop pc but cannot get to gui installer step because keep getting segmentation fault signal 11 error. I've used diffrent usb sticks, tried both rufus and balena and run memtest(pass), disconnected all spare devices, only one hdd, gpu and network adapter is currently connected to the pc. I attached photos of both terminals.
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG20230331104235 (1) (1).jpg
    IMG20230331104235 (1) (1).jpg
    901.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG20230331104309 (1).jpg
    IMG20230331104309 (1).jpg
    973 KB · Views: 18
Hi,
what graphics card are you using, seems like an Nvidia driver issue? Do you have a CPU with iGPU? If that is the case you can try to set it as the default output in the bios and retry the installation. Otherwise bootstrapping the installation via Debian might be an option for you, see https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_Proxmox_VE_on_Debian_11_Bullseye

Hey,
thanks for fast response. Im using external gpu, nvidia 1050ti. Will try to boot installer with some spare older card.

Yup, looks like it was nvidia driver problem. I've connected amd card and it works. Thank you!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!