Secure Boot and Boot loop

SandyDD

Sep 29, 2024
Hello everyone, sorry for my bad english,

I am new to proxmox and I am trying to install a dual-boot (OpenIndiana and Windows 11 Pro, this is my school task).
I have created a VM, then I have added OpenIndiana iso file in Hardware options, and then start the VM.
I had an "access denied" so I went to "Device Manager" > "Secure Boot Configuration" > disabled
I reset the VM and when it started again, it directly went to OI menu.
From this, OI starts booting, but instead of continuing the installation, it keeps restarting the VM and booting in loop.
(I also have installed a simple VM with this OI iso file, and it has worked perfectly, I don't understand why in the dualBoot VM, it keeps booting and restarting the VM)

Do you guys have any clues for me? I am lost

Thank you

Attachments

• Capture d'écran 2024-09-29 190030.png
    Capture d'écran 2024-09-29 190030.png
    81.4 KB · Views: 1

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!