SDN VLAN broke main network [solved]

jrobert

Aug 10, 2024
In setting up a VNet for my SDN settings, I accidentally set the VLAN tag to 1 instead of 10. I then lost my network connection on node 1 (I was able to delete the vnet using node 2 before either 2 or 3 had issues). I've been able to reboot node 1 and get to the command line, but I still have no network, and I can't seem to edit /etc/pve/sdn/vnets.cfg to remove the offending vnet. I get a Permission denied message if I try to change permissions, change ownership, or edit the file.

Any ideas has to how to get this node back without reinstalling?

Because your server 1 is not in quorum with the rest of the cluster, /etc/pve is in read-only mode.
We could override that and fix it that way, but probably easier would be to nano-edit the /etc/network/interfaces.d/sdn file that the "active" config is saved to (to fix the typo) and the either reboot or ifreload -a to get the cluster up and running again, get the quorum back, then re-apply the new/changed settings (for example by changing a comment in the SDN)

Thanks, I'm back up and running now. Good to know where the active config is. Love proxmox and Linux, but it's sometimes a bit daunting to figure out where things are when your starting out.
Thanks again for the help.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!