Run PVE2.0 beta on VirtualBox

MasterTH

Renowned Member
Jun 12, 2009
www.sonog.de
Hi,

i'd like to test the beta versions in my desktop virtual environment with Oracle Virtual Box. But after the installations reboot i only get a black screen and nothing happens....?

Is there a way to get this running on VBOX? Has somebody a running PVE2.0 beta on VBOX?

Greetz
MasterTH

Your virtualization is only going to be as good as the topmost container, in this case virtual box. You'd debug it in the same way you'd debug a PC that isn't booting - enable debug, verbose, stop splash screens etc. If that's beyond you, you really shouldn't be running a hypervisor inside a virtual machine, they really want real hardware. It's hard enough debugging guests inside VMs, let alone hypervisors. You're asking for pain. Find a spare PC to run it on. If you don't have a spare PC, why do you want this? It's not a desktop OS, you know?

yes i know.

i'd like to test the new features on it. i'd never use this VM for other purposes. it's very easy to make some VMs to test HA and other things. Thats the only reason i'd like to install it in virtual environment.

one pc/server is not the problem, but as i said, i'd like to test HA and so on, so, i need a minimum of three servers. Storage and 2 Nodes.

i'll debug the machine.

Thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!