[SOLVED] Run any command before than backup?

Mucip

Apr 4, 2016
Hi,
I have two guest system (one debian and one Win10) in my Proxmox. I mounted 6TB disk to guest Debian.
After than this. Backup time takes very very long time and error message:

can't acquire lock '/var/run/vzdump.lock' - got timeout
VMIDNAMESTATUSTIMESIZEFILENAME
TOTAL​
00:00:000KB

Detailed backup logs:

vzdump --quiet 1 --compress zstd --mailto mucip.ilbuga@XX.com --all 1 --mode snapshot --storage yedek --mailnotification failure

Can I run umount 6TB disk command and mount again after than backup?

Or how can I prevent backup 6TB disk with Guest Debian...

Regards,
Mucip:)

How did you mount that disk to the debian VM?

Okay. If I understand you correctly you don't want that disk to be included in the backup? To do so, you can add the additional parameter of backup=0 to the disk.

The line in the config file (/etc/pve/qemu-server/100.conf) should look something like this:

Code:
scsi1: /dev/sdb,backup=0

Hi,

It was before:
scsi1: /dev/sdb,size=5860522584K

I changed it like below,
scsi1: /dev/sdb,size=5860522584K,backup=0

I will check it later. Because configuration file is still locked! It keep backing up still I guess?

I will reply when I get result.

Regards,
Mucip:)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!