returning in cluster mode after pmxcfs -l

dany8075

Feb 26, 2021
Hi !
First thing, sorry for my english ;)

Yesterday, I had a problem with my vrack and I lost the connection between my 2 servers proxmox 6.2 and my qdevice on another vps so my cluster was waiting for quorum.

I needed to put it back in working state so I stopped the pve-cluster and executed: "pvecm expected 1" followed by "pmxcfs -l" because it was still waiting for quorum. I restarted my important server and my Vm's were functional.

OVH repaired my vrack and now the network is ready to be put back in place.

My question is: what do I have to do to get this back to the original state?

Is there a danger of losing the cluster data when I activate the network card and the 3 servers will see each other?

My plan was to do:

pvecm expected 2
pve-cluster start service
And at the end, ifup eno2 to start the network and see the entire network. (my second proxmox server and my qdevice)

Give me your opinion if it's dangerous to lose everything like in my beginnings when I added my node with vm's in a cluster for the first time. Everything had been erased lol. luckily, it was a lab.

And please, be nice with me, it's my first post here.

Thanks

DAny

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!