Restore VM from Proxmox Backup Server

taich

Aug 15, 2020
I have a Proxmox Cluster and a Proxmox Backup Server with ZFS. On this Backup Server is a backup of a VM which I mistakenly deleted.
Now I want to restore a backup of this VM. How can I do this?

Is it possible to restore only some files to another VM?

Thanks for your help.
Thomas

I have a Proxmox Cluster and a Proxmox Backup Server with ZFS. On this Backup Server is a backup of a VM which I mistakenly deleted.
Now I want to restore a backup of this VM. How can I do this?

Is it possible to restore only some files to another VM?

Thanks for your help.
Thomas
did you try the file restore button on the VMs backups in PVE?
1627161338540.png

Attachments

• 1627161301589.png
    1627161301589.png
    47.4 KB · Views: 8
I would love to try this, but I already removed the VM. There is no such VM in PVE. I only see the backup file on the backup server.

I would love to try this, but I already removed the VM. There is no such VM in PVE. I only see the backup file on the backup server.
If you look from PVE Storage view/Backups/Yourbackupserver instead of from Server view/Node/VM you should see all backups and also be able to try the file restore button there:
1627220274261.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!