Requesting features for Android client

Tacioandrade

Renowned Member
Sep 14, 2012
Vitória da Conquista, Brazil
Hello everyone! Does anyone know where I can request features for the Android App? I'm asking this because I went to Bugzilla, where I usually do this when I have an idea that might be interesting for PVE and PBS, but there is no Android Client option there.

In this case, I would like to request password/pin or biometric protection to open the App and also the option to possibly restore a VM backup directly through the App.

In this case, I believe the first one is essential, as it is a security requirement, since some devices such as Morotola cell phones do not have this native feature (I can implement Samsung and Xiaomi, but now I'm using a Motorola as a secondary device and I missed it).

The second functionality is something that made me lose about 15 minutes a few days ago, I needed to restore the backup of a VM that had a problem on my cell phone and as my screen is small and the HTML version of Proxmox is not so mobile friendly, I ended up wasting about 15 minutes to do the process that on a computer I do in 2 minutes or less.

Last edited:
Reactions: pvps1
Guys, just updating something I just noticed with the help of a friend. In this case, the Proxmox client for Android does have password verification, but instead of when the app opens, it is when each PVE/Cluster is connected.

I ended up not seeing this because since I installed the app, it had not been closed, so the 3 clusters I had configured connected without requesting the password.

However, it would be interesting to request the other features and see if the developers add them to the list of features, even if for the long term.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!