Replication restore

Alexandre Aguirre

Apr 4, 2018
Passo Fundo - RS, Brasil
Hello good day !

I'm doing a simple basic replication lab, I have 2 clustered nodes all working, replication also working, my question is, how do I proceed in case node 1 goes out? how do i get node replicated disk on node 2?

Thank you in advance for your attention.

Hi,

Replication works when nodes are up and running.

After the first replication cycle is done, all nodes will have a "copy" of the VM.

You can not live migrate a VM if this VM is using local storage.

With local storage VM can be migrated in offline state only.

If a node fails, you must manually move the VM from the failed node to the remaining operating node.

This is explained here :

=======================
move both guest configuration files form the origin node A to node B:

# mv /etc/pve/nodes/A/qemu-server/100.conf /etc/pve/nodes/B/qemu-server/100.conf
# mv /etc/pve/nodes/A/lxc/200.conf /etc/pve/nodes/B/lxc/200.conf
=======================

Regards,

Ricardo Jorge

Reactions: Alexandre Aguirre
Good afternoon !

Sorry to ask again, but I'm still in doubt when node 1 gives physical problem in the hardware and is not turning on, how do I go up the node on replicated node 2?

Grateful for the attention !

please read the reference docs carefully - they explain the case quite well IMHO: https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-pvesr.html#_migrating_a_guest_in_case_of_error

if you still have questions afterwards - please ask with a bit more detail/specifics

hope this helps!
Hello proxmox community.
I am planing, coparing data availability on some solutions like Replication or DFS wiht ceph. I am reopening this thread to ask how to replicate data (VM) to other node (reading WIKI ) if for example disk in failed active node A broke (so we can not get it working again)
I am planing nvme solution with one 2TB disk in all (two (Replication) or three nodes(HA with CEPH)).

Thank you for your attention in advance. Erik

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!