Replace server pbs hardware

frankz

Nov 16, 2020
Hi , i can replace an indentical clone of pbs server ? if it is possible , wich i'am use ?
Thanks .

Hello @frankz,

we need a little more information here. What do you want to replace with what exactly, and how? What is your goal?

Thank for you answer . My goal is a replace an existent the hardware for new server .
Thanks for explaining.

That depends on how your current hardware is configured. Which storage type are you using, ZFS, LVM...?

Then you could proceed as follows:
  • Install PBS on the new server
  • Transfer ZFS datastores to the new server with ZFS-Send. Example: zfs send -v rpool/home@bla1 | ssh otherhost zfs receive otherpool/home@bla1
  • Transfer configs manually, possibly adjust other/new paths
  • Restart services
  • Check everything is working fine and delete the zfs snapshot on the new server

Then you could proceed as follows:
  • Install PBS on the new server
  • Transfer ZFS datastores to the new server with ZFS-Send. Example: zfs send -v rpool/home@bla1 | ssh otherhost zfs receive otherpool/home@bla1
  • Transfer configs manually, possibly adjust other/new paths
  • Restart services
  • Check everything is working fine and delete the zfs snapshot on the new server
Yes, I had read in the docs and forums that many users use the send option. Thank you so much for your advice and the time you have dedicated to me.

Reactions: fireon

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!