Rename local pve storage in Proxmox

D

dougknows

I have resized my pve-data LV in order to expose the pve VG to be available for VM disk storage. This has been working well for a while now, but I would like to create a cluster of 2 machines. I tried performing the same setup on the second machine, reducing pve-data and adding the pve VG to Proxmox.

However, in the Proxmox WebUI, since the storage is across the entire data center, I can't cluster and use the machines that have LVM storage added to each when the name of that VG is the same. So, host1 and host2 having a VM-usable "pve" VG doesn't appear to be possible, since the system doesn't differentiate between the two.

Am I missing another way to do this, so that I can expose that same VG between two machines? If not, are there any suggestions on how this should be done?

Thanks!

What exactly is the problem?

Sorry, this was user error. When I added the volume group "pve" I had given it a hostname-pve name so that I could differentiate between different servers. I see now that once I add it to one server, and don't check "Shared," it adds that VG to all the nodes which have it. That's exactly what I want - I just didn't know it was actually doing that. :)

Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!