[SOLVED] Removing messages from the queue older than 1 days

max046

Feb 26, 2024
Good afternoon, I'm trying to configure the removal of letters from the queue. To do this, I added to /etc/pmg/templates/main.cf.in:
maximal_queue_lifetime = 1d
bounce_queue_lifetime = 1d
Next, I ran pmgconfig sync --restart 1 and postqueue -f, but old messages continue to be in the queue.
Tell me how to fix it?

More precisely, if you run postqueue -f, then letters older than 1 day will be deleted, tell me where the interval for sending letters from the queue is configured?

Привет max046!

If for some recipients delivery failed for a transient reason (it might succeed later), the message is placed in the "deferred" queue.
Postfix waits for 5 minutes (queue_run_delay, default: 300s ) and checks its deferred queue and then sends again. It complies with the minimal_backoff_time (default: 300s). After that Postfix each time doubles the wait time period till it reaches maximal_backoff_time (default: 4000s or 66,6 minutes approximately). So then Postfix keep on trying approx. every hour for maximal_queue_lifetime (default: 5d).

I hope this helps!

Привет max046!

If for some recipients delivery failed for a transient reason (it might succeed later), the message is placed in the "deferred" queue.
Postfix waits for 5 minutes (queue_run_delay, default: 300s ) and checks its deferred queue and then sends again. It complies with the minimal_backoff_time (default: 300s). After that Postfix each time doubles the wait time period till it reaches maximal_backoff_time (default: 4000s or 66,6 minutes approximately). So then Postfix keep on trying approx. every hour for maximal_queue_lifetime (default: 5d).

I hope this helps!
Thanks.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!