[SOLVED] removing ghost from previous node - HOWTO?

iPanini

Mar 30, 2019
Hi folks,

I am trying to revive an old proxmox machine.
Thanks to the help of the forum I have already been able to rename and move a couple of vm's, and upgrade to debian bullseye and upgrade proxmox from version 5.x to 7.4-18. So far so good.

At the moment I'm withheld from creating learning-case vm's due to the fact that there is some remnant present from the 2019 era:
- I have pve-0 (up and running)
- and a "remnant shadow" pve3

This remnant shadow named pve3, seems to have had to vm's 101 and 100.

Question:
How do I remove this pve3?

Thanks a lot for helping out!

Attachments

• 2024-07-07 at 20.14.26_CleanShot.png
    2024-07-07 at 20.14.26_CleanShot.png
    113.8 KB · Views: 3
You probably want to go this route:
https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-pvecm.html#pvecm_separate_node_without_reinstall
That set of steps will make you change pve-0 into a stand-alone host again, without being in a cluster, and will remove all the other nodes/configs.

Please read through the above carefully and double-check, but I think the commands for YOUR setup specifically should be:
Code:
systemctl stop pve-cluster
systemctl stop corosync
pmxcfs -l
rm /etc/pve/corosync.conf
rm -r /etc/corosync/*
killall pmxcfs
systemctl start pve-cluster
rm /var/lib/corosync/*
rm -r /etc/pve/nodes/pve3

Thanks a lot!
Will look into it and post back. Will probably be for the next couple of days.

You probably want to go this route:
https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-pvecm.html#pvecm_separate_node_without_reinstall
That set of steps will make you change pve-0 into a stand-alone host again, without being in a cluster, and will remove all the other nodes/configs.

Please read through the above carefully and double-check, but I think the commands for YOUR setup specifically should be:
Code:
systemctl stop pve-cluster
systemctl stop corosync
pmxcfs -l
rm /etc/pve/corosync.conf
rm -r /etc/corosync/*
killall pmxcfs
systemctl start pve-cluster
rm /var/lib/corosync/*
rm -r /etc/pve/nodes/pve3
Worked like a charm! Thanks a ton to all you guys!

Seems like you are settled. Maybe tag prefix the thread-title with [SOLVED], (upper right hand corner under title).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!