Remotely accessing Virtual Machines

DavidCounter

Jul 10, 2023
Apologies if this is the wrong location for this question. I could not find it answered elsewhere - forgive me if it was.

I have three monitors and a thin client capable of outputting to three displays. Is there any way that I can display three VM's on my Proxmox server via Moonlight simultaneously (if necessary, Moonlight on one monitor and another remote desktop on the remaining two monitors)? I realize it is a form of VDI, but with a twist in that I am looking to access al three video outputs. The thin client is running Debian, but I can install another OS if required.

Any help you can provide would be gratefully accepted; I'm always looking to learn.

Thanks everyone - great product BTW!

I don't know Moonlight, but you are definitely capable of running multiple SPICE instances and stream multiple monitors from one VM with SPICE.

Thank you. What is Spice like for latency/responsiveness? I am not looking to game on these YMs, so not overly concerned about slight latency/refresh rate issues.

Good point - only one now that you mention it. One will be Windows/Android TV, one Linux/Chrome and the one that matters will be used for emulation of old games (yes, I really am that childlike)

Thanks for making the point - I have so many things to consider that I hadn't even thought logically about that

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!