[SOLVED] Redirect Queue/Deferred Email

Apr 1, 2020
Hi,

We have recently started using Proxmox for testing outgoing email filtering. We have a problem where emails to a specific domain are being deferred due to unusual activity. They are genuine emails that got sent find on our old IP address and system. We have waited 24 hours and they are still in the deferred queue

Is there a way i can re-route the deferred emails for specific domains to our old email cluster so they will be sent?

I have tried using Configuration->MailProxy->Transport but that looks to only be incoming.

Any help appreciated.

I would suggest to find out why those mails get deferred (depending on the destination you can maybe contact their admin)

I have tried using Configuration->MailProxy->Transport but that looks to only be incoming.
could you provide some logs? - from a quick glance it the transport_map is used by all postfix instances...

They are all saying deferred due to use complaints, but these are the first emails being sent. I understand the IP may just need to build a reputation. It is only Yahoo servers so (yahoo, aol, sky, rocketmail) email addresses that are getting deferred.

I have no problem with them being deferred other than its now over 24 hours we have been holding some of these emails with the remote server rejecting, so i am looking at a way to route just these emails to our old sending server so they will get send and waiting for Yahoo to allow the new IP address...

2020-04-02 12_23_47-.png

Yes which logs would you like? where do i get them from? (sorry only had this for 4 days)

I would suggest to find out why those mails get deferred (depending on the destination you can maybe contact their admin)

could you provide some logs? - from a quick glance it the transport_map is used by all postfix instances...
Thank you. I ended up restarting the postfix service on all the servers in the cluster and they have then re-routed the specified domains to our other host. thank you very much.

Reactions: Stoiko Ivanov
Glad it worked out!

Please mark the thread as 'SOLVED' - it helps others in similar situations.
Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!