Reconfiguring proxmox, seperating management interface and nfs interface

KevinGoos

May 24, 2019
So I am reconfiguring my proxmox setup, because I discovered a small problem that I have.

I have a proxmox server connected with both 1gbit link, and a 10gbit link.

current setup:
- management is running on the 1gbit link, and NFS are also apperently running over this (server vlan)
- vm's are using 10gbit link (server vlan)

The server doens't contain any harddrives (except a boot drive). And I run a synology NAS with a 10gbit interface as storage for VM's and files.
The problem is that the VM's are slow (when writing a lot), because apperently all the NFS shares (used for storage for the vm disks) are running over the 1gbit link.

Idea's for new setup
- management (1gbit port) on management vlan
- vm's and nfs shares (10gbit port, I have a second 10gbit port if need be) on server vlan

But now the question, does anybody know how to separte managment interface from nfs share interface in proxmox?

Have 1Gbit and 10Gbit in different subnets. Give PVE a IP from one subnet on the 1Gbit bridge, one IP of the other subnet on the 10Gbit bridge and then add your NFS share using NASs IP from the 10Gbit subnet.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!