[SOLVED] RAID 50 showing wrong capacity in Proxmox and subsequent VM when passed through

lmiksche

Feb 20, 2021
Hi,
I created RAID 50 with 2 LUNs at 5x6TB each. Total useable capacity of 48TB. However proxmox is repoting that as:raid.png
and will only let me use the sdc1 at 24TB. No idea whats up here. Is it just misrepresenting and will let me write 48TB or there is someting else going on? Do i need to install some extra package to support this?
Thank You!

I created RAID 50 with 2 LUNs at 5x6TB each. Total useable capacity of 48TB.
You do NOT created a raid50 with 2 luns at 5x6TB for a total of brutto 48TB as a lun is a virtual disk created out of a raidset (here eg. raid50). 2x(5-1)x6T=48TB which is shown as sdc in your picture say you have 1 lun but you made a partion "1" in size of brutto 24TB onto.
It depends on your usage how to config, eg. 1730035889894.png

Reactions: vshab and lmiksche
Got it... Sorry, the PERC management utility created that nonsense partition for some reason. It threw me. Wiped the array inside the proxmox and created new 48TB partition, all good now. Thank you for the hint.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!