Question regarding Domain & Server Whitelist

iprigger

Renowned Member
Sep 5, 2009
earth!
Hi All,

My PMG (latest Version) is sending mails to the qarantine regardless whether or not I have put the domain into the whitelist...

Any hints where to search first?

I have create a whitelist entry for:
- Domain
- Server IP

Thanks
Tobias

check the reference documentation - there are 3 distinct white/welcomelists for 3 distinct functions:
https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pmg-admin-guide.html#pmgconfig_whitelist_overview

If this does not help - please provide the logs for such a mail
Thanks, that did in fact work. The only Problem I have is that I seem to be unable to configure PMG in a way that addresses in the user whitelist will actually be whitelisted....

It looks to me as if the user whitelist is completely ignored.

any idea what I did wrong?

Tobias

Thanks, that did in fact work. The only Problem I have is that I seem to be unable to configure PMG in a way that addresses in the user whitelist will actually be whitelisted....
share the logs of such a mail

keep in mind that the user-whitelist only overrides the spamassassin score

Hi,

One:
Jan 12 03:16:37 smtp-mc pmg-smtp-filter[644011]: 101E2E63BF6D81A87BF: moved mail for <rec@dom.com> to spam quarantine - 101E3363BF6D85EEA5B (rule: Block Viruses)

Ah, I see... This could be due to scripts in the message....

Will check back

Tobias

to spam quarantine - 101E3363BF6D85EEA5B (rule: Block Viruses)

I don't know your rule system - but this seems a bit odd - if a mail is detected as having a virus - and it is put in quarantine it will end up in Virus Quarantine not Spam Quarantine...

Check your rules...

have quite strict rules regarding scripts in mails... that might be a bit too much maybe...
This can be fine - I assume you mean some filetype filters as What object to match what you mean by scripts? (not 100% sure) - 2 things:
* consider putting this in a rule of its own - not called virus - at least for me it was confusing - maybe "Block Scripts" - then at least I would not expect it to end up in the 'Virus quarantine'
* as said (and documented) - the User Whitelist only discards the SpamAssassin analysis for a mail for that user - so it won't override a Filetype or other What Object - only a Spam What object

I hope this explains it!

We just started using PNG 8.1.2 and I have the same kind of issue with mail being quarantined from UHC@benefits.unitedhealthcare.com
The user has whitelisted UHC@benefits.unitedhealthcare.com 2 days ago in his user whitelist (from the daily spam report), but messages from UHC@benefits.unitedhealthcare.com and a few other addresses he whitelisted still end in quarantine (see attached Screenshot showing relevant message SPAM score).
Looking at the quarantine SPAM info for the message, there is a HUGE SPAM score: 5.184, 3.592 of is is from
AWL "Adjusted score from AWL reputation for From address".

How can I overcome this so this user will receive those emails?

Plus there is something weird: The user has sent me a screenshot of his whitelist showing this UHC address whitelisted, however when I go to PMG as Admin, under Administration-> User Whitelist -> Email, the user address does not come up in the and I can't see his whitelist.

I'm I looking at the wrong place?
Fran

Attachments

• UHC_Screenshot 2024-08-23 at 4.19.58 PM.png
    UHC_Screenshot 2024-08-23 at 4.19.58 PM.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 3

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!