Question About Cluster?

killmasta93

Renowned Member
Aug 13, 2017
Hi,
I was wondering if someone could clear up a question i have about clusters. Currency have one proxmox box with 32gigs of ram with ZFS raid 10, with 16tb (8tb total). To have a cluster do i need another box with the same RAM and amount of TB? And does the cluster also replicate the containers or only the vms?

Thankyou

Thanks for the reply, so the cluster is just to have the same config on both boxes but no vms or containers are replicated. But proxmox does have an option to have replicated storage?

Thanks for the reply, so the cluster is just to have the same config on both boxes

it's a bit more than that ..

but no vms or containers are replicated.

yes, image data is not replicated magically.

But proxmox does have an option to have replicated storage?

We support many options for replicated storage: ceph, gluster, async zfs replication, ...

And you can also use any kind of shared storage.

Thanks for the reply, as from your experince out of those 3 which would you recommend for zfs? I was reading on ceph seems really good but not sure about the others?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!