Quarantine always empty - No data in database

SteffenDE

Feb 10, 2021
Hi.

All statistics showing data and tracking center showing messages are quarantined but all the Quarantine do not show any data. At Spam Quarantine the E-Mail option showing 'No data in database' on every date.

Any idea whats wrong (lifetime is setting to 30 days)?

Regards.

I would check the mail.log for a quarantined mail - and then check the quarantine interface for this recipient address...

one possible explanation, is that the users already removed the mail from quarantine themselves (by deleting/delivering it)

I hope this helps!

I would check mail.log and there are several quarantined mails and showing at tracking center too.

User could not removed any mails from quarantine because they have no access to the gateway till now.

If I go to 'Spam Quarantine' I can not select any E-Mail an any date and manually inpuit to not show anything. The field E-Mail always showing 'no data in database'. But I know it would show mails at the several Quarantine some days before, so something goes wrong now?

Any other idea?

Regards.

Did the time on the system change? (NTP enabled,...)?

else - you can check what's listed in the quarantine via `pmgsh`
Code:
pmgsh get /quarantine/spamusers -starttime 0 -endtime $(date '+%s')
pmgsh get /quarantine/spam -pmail <some_email_address_from_above> -starttime 0 -endtime $(date '+%s')

this yields the contents of the quarantine for all time ($(date +'%s') should give the current system time as epoch)

see the api-viewer for more details:
https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/api-viewer/index.html#/quarantine/spam

I hope this helps!

Thank you for the commands, so I found a problem after change some rules. After reset the rules Quarantine is filled up again and show the entries at the gui and your command.

Regards!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!