qemu-server.service error

languanghao

Feb 28, 2015
After upgrade to pve 4, I got the error every time when I start or reboot my server.

Oct 28 09:11:43 host00 systemd[1]: [/run/systemd/generator.late/qemu-server.service:7] Failed to add dependency on +iscsi.service, ignoring: Invalid argument

I have executed command: dpkg --purge cman, dpkg --purge vzctl, dpkg --purge redhat-cluster-pve, but the problem still.
The line 7 of qemu-server.service 'After=+iscsi.service pve-cluster.service cman.service clvm.service network-online.target local-fs.target remote-fs.target' It seems like, cman.service cause the error?

Last edited:
How did you upgrade? Did you follow the official procedure? https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Upgrade_from_3.x_to_4.0

Because it seams like your qemu-server package wasn't correctly updated, we do not have an systemd service for qemu-server in PVE4, whereas PVE3.4 had an init.d script.

Execute the following commands to remove the outdated qemu-server service:
Code:
# ensure it's really stopped (and not failed)
systemctl stop qemu-server

# remove the remained init.d script
rm /etc/init.d/qemu-server

# reload the systemd daemon
systemctl daemon-reload

Now the service should be disappeared, if not a reboot may be needed.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!