QEMU Drivers

nfawcett

Mar 27, 2024
I have a linux based vm that was delivered as an OVA. I installed this on my Vmware server a few years ago, but I'm looking to migrate it to our Proxmox cluster. The only issue I have is that I cannot install the QEMU agent as I don't have root access to this little appliance vm. I'm not too concerned with the possible performance hit, but I'm curious to what other hard issues I might have. Would I still be able to do snapshots for backups etc? Thanks.

the agent is only used for some operations, like shutdown through agent (instead api) or snapshots/backup fsfreeze at start , or to get some infos like ip address in the vm.

The drivers are not related. (they are native in linux kernel and on windows, you need to install the drivers yourself from the virtio-win drivers iso)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!