pvesh error: "proxy handler failed: proxy loop detected - aborting"

speeDDemon_AU

Aug 29, 2021
Hello people and thank you to anyone who reads and responds to this thread. Greatly appreciated.

I have read and followed the instructions in numerous other forum posts regarding pveproxy errors but so far, nothing seems to have resolved my issue.

I was attempting to automate my virtual infrastructure and thus required the use of the API.

This is when I discovered the following error:
Code:
$ pvesh get /nodes/node1/qemu
proxy handler failed: proxy loop detected - aborting
However
Code:
$pvesh usage /nodes/ssbob/qemu
USAGE: pvesh get /nodes/ssbob/qemu  [OPTIONS]
USAGE: pvesh create /nodes/ssbob/qemu --vmid <integer> [OPTIONS]
works as expected.
Also
Code:
$pvesh get /cluster/resources
works as expected.

As I said, I chased my tail in circles trying to resolve this, and would appreciate anyone's help.
Happy to start from the beginning and try whatever is suggested.
Thanks.

maybe a wrongly configured dns or hosts file? we proxy the request to the node in the api path, and a proxy loop is detected if there is more than such redirection

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!