[SOLVED] PVE-ZSYNC restore?

killmasta93

Renowned Member
Aug 13, 2017
Hi,
I was wondering if someone else has accomplished to show the progress while restore from pve-zsync,
after running the pve-zsync i then wanted to restore the backup from the disk which it sent which i run this

Code:
zfs send rpool/data/vm-120-disk-0  | ssh root@192.168.3.251 zfs receive rpool/data/vm-120-disk-0

which it works but does not show progess i was reading the orale docs and found this but the pv does not work to show the output

Code:
zfs send rpool/data/vm-120-disk-0  | pv |ssh root@192.168.3.251 zfs receive rpool/data/vm-120-disk-0

Thank you

Hi,

you must use -v operator on the sending and/or receiving side.

Thanks for the reply so i re ran running the -v but it just stays like this
Code:
root@prometheus:~# zfs send rpool/data/vm-120-disk-0  | ssh root@192.168.3.251 zfs receive rpool/data/vm-120-disk-0 -v
receiving full stream of rpool/data/vm-120-disk-0@--head-- into rpool/data/vm-120-disk-0@--head--
shouldn't it show the progress or ETA?

either I have it wrong in memory or they have changed something.
Anyway -v operator has to be at the send command.

Thanks for the reply, so i tried these two commands but i get this error
Code:
root@prometheus:~# zfs send -v rpool/data/vm-120-disk-0   | ssh root@192.168.3.251 zfs receive rpool/data/vm-120-disk-0
Error: Unsupported flag with filesystem or bookmark.
cannot receive: failed to read from stream
root@prometheus:~# zfs send rpool/data/vm-120-disk-0 -v   | ssh root@192.168.3.251 zfs receive rpool/data/vm-120-disk-0

Is the prometheus source server a Linux or a BSD?
"zfs send -v" works on Proxmox VE ZOL.
If the source Server is a Proxmox VE server please ensure that the are no special whitespace in the command what comes from past and copy.

Thanks for the reply, both prometheus are proxmox,

This is the command im trying with no special whitespace

Code:
root@prometheus:~# zfs send -v rpool/data/vm-123-disk-0  | ssh root@192.168.3.251 zfs receive rpool/data/vm-123-disk-0

You forgot the snapshot in the send command.

Thanks for the reply, but not sure what do you mean the snapshot? when restoring the vm couldn't i just send the disk instead of the snapshot or do i also need the latest snapshot?

Thank you

Code:
zfs send -v rpool/data/vm-123-disk-0@<snapshot>  | ssh root@192.168.3.251 zfs receive rpool/data/vm-123-disk-0

Reactions: killmasta93

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!