PVE-ZSYNC Email alerts?

killmasta93

Renowned Member
Aug 13, 2017
Hi,
I was wondering if someone else has accomplish on getting email alert after the pve-zsync?
This is what i have

Code:
10 18 * * * root pve-zsync sync --source 100 --dest 192.168.6.253:vmdata/vmbackup --name backupsdaily --maxsnap 7 --method ssh

i tried adding
Code:
MAILTO=myemail@mydomain.com

i also tried adding this at the end as im ussing ssmtp
Code:
 | sendmail -s "Subject of Mail" myemail@mydomain.com
no luck either

any ideas?

Thank you

Hi,

general this setting is not necessary because Proxmox VE will redirect output from the cronjobs to the root email.
And pve-zsync will only give output if you use verbose.

Thanks for the reply, so for i to get an email report on if the backup was successful i need to add -v to the code? i can an email alert when i shutdown the other host and it fails but not an email alert saying it was successful

Thank you

You have to add --verbose in the crontab

Code:
10 18 * * * root pve-zsync sync --source 100 --dest 192.168.6.253:vmdata/vmbackup --name backupsdaily --maxsnap 7 --method ssh --verbose

Reactions: killmasta93

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!