PVE ZFS-Replication: Not using configured Migration Network

hellfire

Renowned Member
Aug 17, 2016
Hi,

I have a cluster with 3 Nodes (2 full nodes, 1 quorum node as virtual server). Software is latest pve-non-subscription repository for version 8.2.4 (updated yesterday).

I configured ZFS-Replication for VMs and it works fine. What I'm wondering is, that the replication does not use the migration network. I have two bridges configured within the cluster nodes:

a) Public Network
b) Internal/Dedicated Migration network

Migration is already configured to make use of the migration network. I'd like very much, that the migration network is also used for zfs storage replication, because replication traffic can be quite considerable and I want to keep that away from the public network.

I assume this is as it should be as the documentation does not state information about this to be configurable in any way. If I want to that to be changed, I have to file a feature request?

Regards,
h.

Last edited:
Yes, @leesteken, that's about MIGRATION. But my concern is REPLICATION. I do not read anything specifically about storage replication there.
Sorry, you're completely right. I got those two mixed up (when I saw a similar thing in another thread about migration). Would you like me to delete my post so I does not look like you already got an answer?

EDIT: Unfortunately, the same questions from years ago did not get an answer: https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/zfs-replication-network.98669/
EDIT2: A work-around is suggested here: https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/zfs-replication-via-second-lan.147665/

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!