PVE versions problem

ZKallo

Nov 8, 2017
Hi, we have 4 nodes and they were upgraded to PVE8. There were 3 nodes with clean install and one was upgraded from 7 to 8. The final versions are now 2 clean installed nodes have version 8.2.4 and the other nodes have 8.2.3. (The main problem with this that vms with default hardware version cannot be migrated from nodes with version 8.2.4 to nodes with version 8.2.3) What could we do to get the same version on all nodes?

Do all nodes have a subscription, or do you have a mix of non-subscription and subscription nodes?
Do all nodes use the same repository? [0]

[0] https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Package_Repositories
All nodes have a subscription and all nodes use the same suite (bookworm) and components (main contrib, enterprise, pve-enterprise). The fourth node (with version 8.2.3) doesn't find any updates and all others already has upgradable updates at this moment. There are no enabled no-subscription repositories.

Sorry, my bad, I had the wrong version numbers in my head.

In that case, you'll either have to activate non-subscription on your node to upgrade to 8.2.4, or you'll have to wait till the enterprise repository is updated. There's no easy way to downgrade (it's also not recommended).

Sorry, my bad, I had the wrong version numbers in my head.

In that case, you'll either have to activate non-subscription on your node to upgrade to 8.2.4, or you'll have to wait till the enterprise repository is updated. There's no easy way to downgrade (it's also not recommended).
Thanks for your answer. It seems that the upgrades were processed at different repository settings. I think we'll wait for the enterprise repository update.

Best regards,
Zoltan

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!