PVE usage 98%

macamba

Renowned Member
Mar 8, 2011
I don't understand why Proxmox indicates that my SSD which I basically only used for the Proxmox OS and application (PVE) itself and not for e.g. storage of ISO, VM's or data is for 98% in use. It's a 1 TB SSD NVM disk. On the local (LVM) only two machines are stored of respectively 32 GB and 16 GB disk space. What does 98% usage means here? The PVE installation is not that big I assume to reach 1 TB? See screenshots:
1593431861969.png
1593431915505.png

This is how lvm works and does not mean that your usable storage is below 2%.
It just says that this disk is used for lvm and the 2% free is meant as a buffer to offer you a little more flexibility in case something goes wrong e.g. to expand your pv a little more.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!