PVE to PBS - Daily backup summary email notification

Dec 6, 2023
Hi,

I am trying to solve a problem, and thought I would ask here to see if anyone has done this before I do it myself.

I have a PVE host that backs up to a PBS host.

Most VMs get daily backups, but 2 VMs get half hourly backups.

With email notifications turned on for both success and failures this is resulting in a lot of emails on job success and creating a lot of noise.

Has anyone written any scripts or plugins to just collate a list of all the backup jobs that have run in the last 24 hours, and just email the summary?

Basically I just want 1 email every 24 hours sent by PVE that says
x number of backup jobs run in last 24 hours
x number of jobs successful
x number of jobs failed (if any failures)

I already have an idea in mind how I can script it via a cron job and parsing the logs myself, but thought I would ask if anyone else has already done it before I put in the time to writing scripts myself.

Thanks for any help

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!