Pve-sync "cannot receive new filesystem stream: destination has snapshots" error

ozgurerdogan

Renowned Member
May 2, 2010
Bursa, Turkey, Turkey
From time to time, I am getting, "cannot receive new filesystem stream: destination has snapshots" error with pve-zsync task. To fix it, I have to delete all snapshots. What could cause this?

Hi,
which snapshots are present on the source and target side when it fails?
The next time it fails, could you run the following on both source and target node:
Code:
zfs list -r -t snapshot -Ho name -S creation
and on the node on which the job is configured (please hide public IPs if there are any in the output):
Code:
pve-zsync status
cat  /etc/cron.d/pve-zsync

Ok on remote backup server, command is:
Code:
/usr/sbin/pve-zsync sync --source 1.2.3.4:125 --dest D1 --name 125WEEKLY --maxsnap 10 --method ssh

Error comes:
Code:
COMMAND:
    ssh -o 'BatchMode=yes' root@1.2.3.4 -- zfs send -- P2/vm-125-disk-1@rep_125WEEKLY_2019-09-26_01:41:32 | zfs recv -F -- D1/vm-125-disk-1
GET ERROR:
    cannot open 'D1/vm-125-disk-1': dataset does not exist
cannot receive new filesystem stream: dataset does not exist

But on 1.2.3.4, zfs list:
Code:
root@s3:~# zfs list
NAME                       USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
P2/vm-125-disk-1           133G  1.23T   129G  -

On both of your command no result returns.

Ok D1 was represnting rpool/data. When I set D1 > rpool/data command run fine.

Does this mean the problem is solved for now?
If the "destination has snapshots" error appears again, please provide a list of the snapshots of both source and target dataset.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!