[SOLVED] PVE, OPNsense and VLAN VM´s

Hello everyone, I’m new to Proxmox and have set up a configuration with a virtualized OPNsense firewall and isolated VMs behind it. Unfortunately, I’m facing an issue where my VMs don’t have a connection to the OPNsense. Can anyone help me with this?

Attachments

• Drawing1.jpg
    Drawing1.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 13
Just to check, these VM's are on the same physical host, correct?
Any reason you went for an ovs-bridge instead of a (default) Linux Bridge?
Do you have any of the ports on the VM's set up with the firewall-option turned on (doubt it is the cause, but just ruling it out)

Yes, that's correct, the OPNsens (VM) & VM1 are on the same physical host.

I would like to run several VLANs over a single bridge later, Therefore the OVS bridge.

The Proxmox firewall is active in the VM settings but deactivated in the "Data Center" tab

The pfctl -d command was also executed in the OPNsense to exclude possible rules.

When I try to send a ping from 10.2.0.2 to 10.2.0.1, I only get the message "Destination Host Unreachable".

Here some Config´s:

IP config on VM1:
1723406296573.png

Hardware Settings for VM1 in Proxmox:
1723406709806.png

OPNsense VM:

1723406492109.png

1723406555205.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!