[SOLVED] PVE on Mini-PC with Realtek NIC got not connection (not the typical solutions)

Interesting, mines PCs are loading the RTL8125 as enp1s0 and second LAN is loaded as enp2s0f0 (different RTL model)
@Rattlehead.ie do you have more than 1 NIC inside?
dependecy is for „ifupdown2-pre.service“ which may fail in your env.

@fsedarkalex You are using different RTL Adapther, thus other device interface name

Last edited:
@mijanek
I have 2 adapters one 2.5g ethernet the other wireless, the wireless is clearly identified with a W. I dont know why I have the 2 remark on my wired adapter unless it's just the pci slot its attached too maybe.
Either way the cron job is working. I tried to disable that dependency but that didnt work on reboot hence the cronjob workaround

Last edited:
instead of disabling the dependecy (which is worng anyway) you should analyze what is worng with that service failing to start.

@Rattlehead.ie If memory serves, the Asus PN50 has one Ethernet port, yeah? If so, it would’ve been automatically configured for use on bridge interface vmbr0.

If you can access the machine over your network, either via ssh or the web interface, then everything is working properly.

Hi guys, thanks for the response.
I detailed my "troubleshooting" a bit more here
@mijanek I agree with you and the cron-job is just a work around. However, my linux skillset is minimal when it comes to processes vs networking. So Im not sure, how I go about troubleshooting what dependency was the cause of the issue and how to resolve the issue there.

@obsolete yes you are correct it auto creates the vmbr0 interface. However as I mentioned the issue was that this interface wouldn't show up properly as network.services had a dependency that was failing on boot up. If I manually start the services post boot up (via a keyboard and screen rather than remote) it all works.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!