PVE 8.2 Installer Failing - Need Assistance

BlackoreanGG

Jul 20, 2024
Hey All,

I'm fairly familiar with Proxmox, but this is a first for me.
I'm trying to install PVE 8.2 on a Dell PowerEdge R710 that I just reset and nuked the drives to start over with a blank canvas.
I've enabled both the embedded Gig NIC and PCIe GIg NIC, Flashed the BIOS to the 6.6.0 (latest).
I've made sure that my VLANs are accessible to my DHCP server.

I'm able to boot to the USB hosting the installer and initiate the PVE Automated Installer, then I'm thrown this error:

No DHCPOFFERS received.
No working leases in persistent database - sleeping.
done
Starting chrony for opportunistic time-sync...
Starting a root shell on tty3.
[ 78.148555] DMAR: ERROR: DMA PTE for vPFN 0xcf4de already set (to cf4de003 not 1137ab003)
[ 78.149618] DMAR: ERROR: DMA PTE for vPFN 0xcf4df already set (to cf4df003 not 1137ac003)
/sbin/unconfigured.sh: line 236: 2266 Bus error /usr/bin/proxmox-low-level-installer dump-env

Where should I start looking to begin troubleshooting?

-Thanks

You could temporarily disable Intel VT-d within the BIOS for the installation process.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!