PVE 8.2 Installation problems

TimRyan

Aug 24, 2022
Kaslo BC Canada
comxpertise.ca
I have a PVE 8.1.2 Cluster of Dell R710 servers that I have been very happy with serving up 40 or so Ubuntu VM's I have been deeply impressed with the Proxmox PVE.

When the announcement of PVE 8.2 was made I took a pair of spare servers to build out a test set. I am unable to get an installation completed. I get as far as the graphic install screen with a USB boot disk and a fresh RAID 5 install disk. The installation fails repeatedly. I am left with a linux cli with a user called root@ proxmox.

I can use the linux commands to see the hardware, via lscpu and lsblk, but this is as far as it gets. If I call reboot I get a "segmentation error"

After several failures I decided to test this with a clean boot of Debian 12 on the latest ISO and it installs without issue. Why am I seen problems with PVE???

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!