PVE 8.2.5 neighbour discovery not working sometimes

CanadaGuy

Nov 19, 2019
Hi, I've had a situation where my router sends NDP packets to the VMs on my PVE host. They are never received (detected with tcpdump) by some hosts, but other hosts seem to continue functioning just fine.

If I fiddle with SOMEthing on PVE (I'm not sure what yet) it starts working until something times out. Today's "fiddle" was starting a PVE backup script from the Datacenter node, and all of a sudden IPv6 packets start flowing again for a period of time. If I leave it alone for a while, it'll stop working again and the cycle continues.

My next steps are to monitor the PVE host with tcpdump the next time communication stops again. Any specifics I can poke at?

okay, thanks! Of course, right now, everything is working so I'm waiting for that to stop, then I'll try that change.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!