Pulling my hair out trying to add a disk to VM...

JohnBee

Nov 1, 2023
I've been at this for a few days now(on/off), and cannot make sense of the issue.

My plan is to commission an SSD drive to a Windows VM - seemed simple enough, though I can't for the likes of me, figure out how to do that, as every option seems to throw back errors, first I tried LVM-Thin, thinking I'd retain snapshot capabilities, but could not figure out a way to do this, and so I decided to go the LVM route - though here again, I can't seem to attach the disk to the VM

07022024_12_12PM.png07022024_12_13PM.png07022024_12_11PM.png

That said, does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?

Hi and thanks for the response
Though unfortunately, it doesn't matter what size I enter, it will always return the same error

My plan is to commission an SSD drive to a Windows VM
Ahhh. Are you wanting to just pass the entire disk directly to a VM as a raw device, so it can manage the whole thing without using LVM/ZFS/etc in between?

I'm pretty sure there's a way to do that from the command line. Can go locate the info if that's what you're trying to do. :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!