Public and Private Networks

Foster Banks

Dec 13, 2017
Hi @All,

Im hoping someone out there has figured this one out.
The following is my scenario:

4x Proxmox Hypervisors. Running Proxmox 5.0
1x NAS

NOTES: Each server is connected to 2 switches: 1 public Switch, and 1 Private Switch.
Private traffic is statically routed over eth1, while public traffic goes out via eth0.

Hypervisors:
185.128.xx.xx/29 One IP for each Host. These IPs are public and accessible from the internet to each node.
10.10.xx.xx a /30 each server. All private traffic is kept private and statically routed over a private network.

Right now the VM's and CT's have ONLY public IP's assigned to them.
I would like however, to give the CT/VM's the possibility to have a Private Network.

I assume since each server has two NIC's this is not an issue however, I am not sure what configuration to implement for this.

Additional to this, i cant find a guide on how to configure IPv6 for both the Host and Guest systems. Could someone share any information regarding this.

At the end, the ideal scenario would be this:
1. All nodes should have IPv6. (I control the Network and IPv4/IPv6 ranges)
2. If a client has two VM's, One on NODE-A and ONE in NODE-B, both should VM's should be able to talk to each other only using private networks.

Thanks,

Foster Banks

Attachments

• route.png
    route.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 24
  • scsh.png
    scsh.png
    61.8 KB · Views: 24

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!