Prune UI and Prune schedule simulator don't match

Big4SMK

Jun 7, 2017
I'm trying to understand pruning, but I'm getting mixed results from my pbs 1.1-13 UI and the pbs prune simulator.

Below is an example with a couple of weekly backups and a prune schedule with keep-last 3, and keep-monthly 2. To me the PBS simulator does what I expect from the docs:
Keep the last 3 backups, and then keep another 2 for the monthly setting.
The PBS UI however tries to keep 22 aug and 15 aug because of keep-monthly which doesn't make any sense to me. Even worse, if I remove the keep-last from the UI, it suddenly seems to make a different decision for the keep-monthly option.

How do I figure out what is actually going to happen before accidentally deleting backups I intended to keep?

pbs simulator:

1629706425952.png

PBS 1.1-13 ui:

Capture.PNG

hi,

it seems that the pbs ui is wrong. the order of the reasons is inverted... i'll send a patch to fix that

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!