Proxmox ZFS Thin provisioning for Windows

Master64

Apr 26, 2019
Hi,
So I am trying to set up thin provisioning for Windows.
I have installed the agent in Windows, enabled thin in ZFS, trimming, SSD emulation, and the provitioning is working as it shoud.

My issue is that the size of the disk does not change in Windows, even tho i have changed the reserved space in ZFS.
How to I get it to change accordingly?

Attachments

• 1693794134266.png
    1693794134266.png
    56 KB · Views: 10
  • 1693794194936.png
    1693794194936.png
    121 KB · Views: 10
My issue is that the size of the disk does not change in Windows, even tho i have changed the reserved space in ZFS.
The reserved space is in the backend. What should be change in your guest if you change the reserved space in the backend? The VM still sees "its" space, which is not changed by reservation at all.

Know ho to get the guest updated?
The reserved space is in the backend. What should be change in your guest if you change the reserved space in the backend? The VM still sees "its" space, which is not changed by reservation at all.

Know ho to get the guest updated?
Again: What should be changed in your opinion?
Reserving space is in the backend, not in the frontend (your guest), so it does not show there, or I completely misunderstood what you're asking. Please explain in more detail what you did and what you expect would change.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!